Monday, February 16, 2009

I am short on time, but wanted to update since it's been awhile. I will try to download some new pics later this week. We only have dial-up in the little town of Kanarra so it takes me hours (and alot of patients) to add pics.
Ty had to work on Valentine's day and didn't get home until late so I decided to make something special for dinner. Ty's favorite food is mexican so I bought a cheap pork roast and made shredded pork chimichangas. They turned out very yummy. I was glad we were able to save the money by staying home!
It sure is different having Ty work for somebody again. He has a long commute and has to work on someone else's schedule instead of his own. It has been hard to adjust, but we are thankful he was able to find a job. We are sad to see our business going "under". This has been a huge trial for us but I have total faith that everything will work out in the end.
Tylie has read and tested on a lot of books this school year and has earned her purple eagle award. She thinks we need to celebrate by going to dinner and bowling this weekend and I agree! It will be nice to get out and have some fun with the family!
Winter has been long, cold and snowy this year. We have been waking up to new snow almost every morning this last two weeks and have had snow on the ground since the middle of December. I took a pretty good fall on the ice in my front yard yesterday and woke up very sore this morning! I am definatley ready for the warm sun! Tyler came home the other day and said he is ready for summer so we can go camping and fishing again. You know it's been a long winter when Ty is ready for summer! He loves the snow! The news is predicting a warm weekend so we are planning on heading south to have fun in the sun!
Tylie is really excited to be getting baptised this year. The primary put on a really cute program called "It's Great to be Eight." It taught the kids about baptism and the presidency answered any questions they had about being baptised. Tylie has been begging to buy a new white dress for the occasion ever since. She can't wait. Her baptism is scheduled on the 4th of July and anyone who's been to Kanarra on the 4th knows how much fun it is so we are kind of bummed. Tylie's best friend Kylee will be gone for the holiday and Tylie is upset that she won't be there but I know it will still be special for her.
Tyler and I have talked to the bishop about being sealed in the temple on our 11th anniversary (Aug. 1, 09.) I am so excited to finally reach that goal. Bishop Sardoni wants us to go sooner so we may change the date, but as of now we are planning it for August.
Crey is getting so tall. I can't believe my "baby" is turnging five in August. He is coming out of his shell a little more at school. I have been trying to decide if I should send him to Kindergarten this fall. As of now I am going to send him. I think after two years of preschool he is ready. He gets so excited to learn and tells me almost everyday that he is "getter smarter!"
I ran the Painter's Sun 5k(3.1 miles) a couple weekends ago. I had two goals: 1-run the whole race without stopping to walk and 2-get a time of under 30 mins. I reached goal #1, but was still pleased with my time. My time was 31 mins and 9 secs. Running has and probably never will be easy for me, but I sure like the results.

No comments: